What is the NJJBA Level III Program?
Level III is the High School Baseball League for Freshman and Sophomore Baseball Players managed by the Jefferson County Junior Baseball League (RMJBL). Teams are formed by their local High School coaches and coaches are determined by their High School Area. Level III is exclusively for freshman and sophomores players, players who are currently Juniors or Seniors ARE NOT eligible to play in the Level III program. Most freshman and sophomores play Level III, but some players may be selected for their High School Junior Varsity or Varsity teams, this is a decision of the High School coach. Tryouts for these teams are managed by your local high school and players assigned to the team must register with North Jefferson Junior Baseball Association (NJJBA) and pay the League Fees in order to participate. NJJBA provides a jersey, indoor practice times at the IPF and scheduling and game fields through RMJBL. There will be 18 games during the regular season and the top teams will play in an end-of-season tournament. Most of the larger high schools field one or multiple Level III teams each season. These decisions are made by the local high school, so speak with the High School Coach if you have any questions about this team formation process.
Why Does NJJBA and RMJBL run the High School Level III Program?
Some years ago, the High School Athletics Association decided to turn over management of the Freshman and Sophomore Baseball Leagues to RMJBL to manage games and the league. The players are selected by their respective High Schools but players are registered and games scheduled and managed by NJJBA and RMJBL just like the large Youth programs that we run. Game fields and game schedules are managed by NJJBA and RMJBL but the teams are still run and coached by their local High Schools. Some players may “swing” from Level III to their High School Junior Varsity or even Varsity teams during the season. This is a decision by the High School coach and a player may play multiple games in a week for the different levels. Since the Level III program is run by NJJBA, the league is not subsidized by school district but you don’t pay the HS Activities fee ($150) but you do have the Level III program fee ($250) that each player is responsible to pay before you are eligible to play.
Who is eligible for the NJJBA Level III Program?
The NJJBA Level III Program is open to any player who is a Freshman or Sophomore and makes their local High School baseball team after tryouts complete. The local High School determines who makes the team from tryouts held, these are typically completed at the end of February. Please talk with your local High school baseball coach about tryout dates and times.
What are the fees for the Level III Program?
The fees for this program are $250. This covers the cost of a jersey, league games, umpire costs, indoor practice time at the IPF, game and practice baseballs, scorebook, first aid kit, and the cost of game fields. There will be a team registration at the end of February for all Level III teams once the High Schools select their teams. Players MUST register with NJJBA in order to play in the Level III league, and the players will attend the team’s scheduled registration date/time with their team.
• The Level III baseball season starts early March, 2015 (Start with a 3 Game Tournament the weekend of March 7-9)
• The Level III baseball season typically consists of 18 games over a two month period (March — May)
• Games will start in early March, 2015 and will run through the third week of May, 2015, with a weekend end-of-season tournament for the Top-4 Teams in each division. (May 16-17) - Championship games at All Star Park
• Most games will be played in Jefferson County, with games possible in Broomfield, Louisville and Brighton
• The other teams in the league are the same as the High School teams play in normal JeffCo Leagues
• Level III jerseys will be issued to the teams at an assigned registration date/time at the IPF (jerseys only, no hats or pants)
• Players are selected by their High School coaches after their scheduled try-outs
• Coaches for each Level III team are assigned by the High School Area.
• Teams are formed by their High School area and the team practices are based on the individual Level III coach
• You must register online with NJJBA as a Level III player in order to play in the Level III league with your High School
• Game schedules are posted online at: www.RMJBL.org (These should be available by early March, 2015)
• Registration for Level III will follow the High School tryouts, normally at the end of February. All registrations must be completed online at:
www.NJJBA.org (Click on the “Player Registration” link tab on the left side of the page to start the process)
Please refer all questions pertaining to the NJJBA Level III Program to the
– Todd Badgett (